It's been awhile since I've participated in one of Alyx@Every Day is a New Adventure's Sunday confession-- and I'm waiting for eggplant to brown, so I thought Why the hell not?
1. I've been writing a lot of poetry. And by a lot-- I mean about a poem a day! (I feel like I'm constantly revising or working on something new and it feels so good!) I've said more times than I can count that I'm not a poet, but I'm starting to feel comfortable with my poetry and am actually embracing it. Maybe I am a poet. Not to mention, it's a great break from the cluster-fuck that is my fiction writing at times. I'm about to be knee-deep in Camp NaNo, and the pacing of poetry is helpful with my writer's block. I've actually comprised a list of great poetry for the A to Z challenge. I'm excited to share them with everyone!
2. I am addicted to Tumblr. Do you guys "tumbl"? I can post all of these strange photographs, and songs, and words, and and and!!!! All in one spot and it's just there for me like a collage. I'm in love. My Tumblr page is definitely a companion during my creative process.
3. I am in utter shock that Kate Winslet has signed on for the Divergent movie franchise... She's like... a real movie star. And those books are like... I won't go there. But, how cool is it that the Turk who died in Mary's bed is going to play Four/Tobias!? (Those of you who watch Downton Abbey know what I'm talking about.)
4. Speaking of Y.A.-- Cinder by Marissa Meyer : GET YOUR HANDS ON IT. it is gold, you guys. GOLD. I can't wait to get my hands on the second novel in the Lunar Series! It's nice to read a Y.A. that is not a LOVE story. It's incredible. You will love it. LOVE IT. Cyborgs. And Sci-Fi. And people from the moon. It's a great read!
5. Garrett and I have had such a strong pull towards the town we live in, like we are meant to stay here awhile. It's hard when you've got such wanderlust and then life keeps telling you that maybe it has other plans for you. There are so many things here that are in the beginning stages of development-- the community is just full of possibilities! I've never felt so connected in my entire life. Garrett and I are constantly networking and meeting some of the most incredible people who are full of passion... Our life is truly in a new, powerful and, beautiful stage. I'm feeling overwhelmed with positive emotions and love. Moving here has been the best decision we've ever made.
Do you guys have anything to confess? What about Camp NaNo? Anyone participating? What about the A to Z challenge- what's your topic? Have you read Cinder? And what do you think of the Divergent casting? TELL ME! Most importantly- ARE YOU ON TUMBLR?